Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- 1 Pound of Medium Shrimp - Peel it and remove the vein.
- 1 Tbsp of Pure Olive Oil (don't use extra virgin oil)
- 2 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Garlic (you can also use some already prepared chopped garlic from your local grocery store)
- 11/2 Cups of White Wine (preferably a Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay will work fine)
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Lemon (use the juice only)
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning mix
- 1/2 a Cup of Butter (preferably softened)
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley (chop it up fine)
- Flavor with Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 a Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (if you want to garnish dish)
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Instructions
1. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet and then add in the olive oil, and do not allow the oil to smoke. Add the shrimp and cook it until tender and it's no longer translucent.
2. Next remove the shrimp from the pan and decrease heat slightly. Add the garlic and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Try not to brown the garlic as this will render a slightly bitter flavor. Once the garlic is cooked, add the white wine.
3. Squeeze some juice from the lemon into the pan, and reduce the wine by half. After it is reduced, next add the Italian seasoning blend.
4. Now reduce the heat to low, and slowly add in butter, 1 Tbsp at a time. The butter should slowly begin to dissolve into the sauce and create a nice creamy texture. If the pan is too hot the butter will separate.
5. As soon as the butter is assimilated, add the shrimp back into the sauce, sprinkle the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the dish with the garnish of fresh cheese if so desired. For a great accompanying dish to Scampi add fresh pasta....enjoy the Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi...!