Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Ingredients:
- 4 zucchini (2- to 3-inch diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined (cut shrimp if they are larger than a quarter)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Be sure to leave some by the ends to create a boat-like shape.
Sauté onions in butter until clear, add tomatoes and simmer until soft.
In a mixing bowl combine tomato and onion mixture, shrimp, basil, salt and pepper and half of the bread crumbs. Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture. Place boats in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink and clear. The Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi is ready to serve....enjoy it !